HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sun, 13 Jan 2008 16:44:28 EST
Don't forget shore whalers and Chinese fisher folk in remote outposts.
However, lacking written documentation, I am not sure how you can ever be
absolutely certain women were not in the household. Good question as to how to  define
a household, as women might have been day servants to gather the wash,  scrub
the plates, and restock the larder.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.

In a message dated 1/13/2008 10:54:21 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,