Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 08:15:37 EST

Shawn describes the  <<Cradle hold:  Mother uses the same hand to the breast
being  used (right
arm when right breast used and baby's body is placed across the  front of the
mother's body) and her hand is placed across the shoulder  blades>>

OK, I'm really struggling picturing  this.  In the cradle hold (at least here
in the States), the baby is in the  crook of the mother's arm, and her hand
is snuggling the baby in.  So, for  example, on the right breast, the baby is
in the crook of the mother's right  elbow (or somewhere in that vicinity -- may
be on the mother's arm just near the  elbow), and her right hand is holding
the baby's bottom.  The left hand is  then used for drinking coffee,
manipulating the TV remote, or maybe, just maybe,  supporting her breast.

So help me out here -- maybe it is my  old age, but I'm just not picturing
what you are saying, Shawn.  If the  mother is holding the baby between the
shoulder blades with the right hand, then  what is the left hand doing?  And what
is supporting the rest of the baby's  body?  or nothing?  It sounds as though
what you are describing is  that the only part of the baby that is being
touched by the mother is the bit  between her shoulder blades.

Nothing wrong with that -- I'm just  trying to picture it.

 Jan  B.