HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Wed, 19 Dec 2007 22:14:50 EST
Several years ago, Seth Mallios of San Diego State University decided to
switch to electronic versions of the State Occasional Archaeology Papers (SOAP),
which he began publishing electronically in 2006. His argument is why limit a
 printing to 2,000 when 10,000 or more can download electronic versions. I
agree  wholeheartedly. Seth published three key summary articles on the 18th
century  Spanish cannon fort archaeology in his first issue of SOAP that we had
delayed publishing because of the enormous costs of hard copy. I am sure
people  from all over the world read that material.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.