From:
Rick Mabry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2007 16:18:05 -0800
From Karl,

> As one of my teachers, Dika Newlin said our aesthetics class, "it might
> be much better if we did not hand out programs at concerts." Perhaps
> then we might listen with less prejudice.

Fantastic idea!  Or hand out the programs as people leave, rather than
when they arrive.  Or just print lies in the program.  Tell everyone
it's all Beethoven and Haydn.

Just as with the Hatto affair --- those of us who were scammed were
positively prejudiced by thinking it was one person (with sympathetic
qualities).  But we were thereby exposed to a wealth of little-known
performers.  Kudos to Hatto's husband for giving us such a broad education!

Check out Farhan Malik's webpages for the enormous list.

   http://www.farhanmalik.com/hatto/pianistslist.html

By the way, among the Prokofiev works "by Joyce Hatto", only the Piano
Concerto (no. 3) remains unidentified.

Rick