Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 15:40:57 EST
7bit
Comments:

This is such a tricky area, because I think the common thought is that  women
already know that they should breastfeed, and don't want to be nagged, but
the problem is in all the misconceptions and misinformation they have - how do
we offer support and encouragement without turning people  off?

I would say something like, " I'm sure you've heard that having your baby
breastfeed is the normal feeding of an infant, and yet there are so many myths
and misunderstandings about breastfeeding that can cause confusion and  worry.
 I have lots of information about what breastfeeding is really like  and
would be happy to share this with you. So feel free to contact me anytime if  you
have any questions or concerns."

I must add that as I wrote the above I stopped to think before I wrote
"breastfeed your baby" because someone recently made the point that  breastfeeding
is what babies do, not what moms do to babies; I like this  language and
thanks to whoever stated this recently.

Barbara Latterner, BSN, RN, IBCLC
Brewster, NY