HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Lu Ann De Cunzo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:20:17 -0400
Dear HISTARCH subscribers,

The SHA is beginning a strategic planning process to assure that the Society
has people, programs, services and resources for future growth.  The first
step in this effort is to gather information, and that is where your help is
needed.  We are using a needs assessment survey as one data-gathering tool,
and have already invited the SHA's members to participate.

As historical archaeologists who are not currently SHA members, you offer
other perspectives on the Society and your needs as a practitioner in our
field.  We welcome your insights into the challenges facing historical
archaeologists, our profession and the resources we protect and study as we
chart the Society's future course.  We are looking to understand what SHA's
place can and should be in making the profession of historical archaeology
what we believe it should be.

To participate in the SHA Needs Assessment, please email [log in to unmask] and
request the link to the assessment survey.  Responses will be tabulated by
Association Research, Inc., our planning consultant, and will be held
strictly confidential.  The survey should take approximately 15 minutes to
complete.  Please complete the survey by 31 March to ensure that your views
are included in the final report.

Thank you in advance for sharing your views with SHA.

Sincerely,
Lu Ann De Cunzo
President, Society for Historical Archaeology

Lu Ann De Cunzo, Ph.D., RPA
Professor of Anthropology and American Material Culture
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716