HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Richard Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:18:50 +1100
Dear Melissa,

The bodies at the Bosnian 1995 execution site of Kozluk were in made ground. The soil for the made ground had been dredged out of the Drina River and dumped for subsequent silty/sand quarrying. Soil was pushed over the bodies after execution.

Three months later several hundred bodies were removed by the Bosnian Serb authorities and reburied in secondary graves such as Cancari 3.

However some 300 bodies were left behind at Kozluk and were exhumed by ICTY, under my direction, in 1999.

Some account of this work is included in testimony on the ICTY web pages - in particular testimony given in February 2007. The trial is that of the so-called Popovic 7.

Regards,

Richard