HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 09:18:50 +1100
Content-Type:
text/plain
Parts/Attachments:
text/plain (33 lines)
Dear Melissa,

The bodies at the Bosnian 1995 execution site of Kozluk were in made ground. The soil for the made ground had been dredged out of the Drina River and dumped for subsequent silty/sand quarrying. Soil was pushed over the bodies after execution.

Three months later several hundred bodies were removed by the Bosnian Serb authorities and reburied in secondary graves such as Cancari 3. 

However some 300 bodies were left behind at Kozluk and were exhumed by ICTY, under my direction, in 1999.

Some account of this work is included in testimony on the ICTY web pages - in particular testimony given in February 2007. The trial is that of the so-called Popovic 7.

Regards,

Richard

>
>Subject: Body Recovery in landfills
>   From: Melissa Connor <[log in to unmask]>
>   Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 09:54:20 -0500
>     To: [log in to unmask]
>
>Hi all-
>
>If anyone has participated in a landfill search for a missing person, I would appreciate them contacting me off-line. I have a student who is compiling a database on these cases. I know some of our archaeologists and anthropologists have lent their expertise to forensic cases like this.
>
>It would be most useful to know where the case was located, when?the search occurred?and the law enforcement agency in charge. He will?contact the agency for the data he's looking for.
>
>Thanks all!
>
>Melissa Connor
>[log in to unmask]
>________________________________________________________________________
>More new features than ever.  Check out the new AOL Mail ! - http://webmail.aol.com

ATOM RSS1 RSS2