HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Meli Diamanti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2007 09:50:44 -0500
If you are talking about USB flash drives, they are NOT permanent
storage.  Unlike CDs or DVDs, one good (bad) electric shock can wipe out
all the data and ruin the drive.  I speak from painful experience.  So
beware of the the way static builds up on your body in winter, such as
sock feet on household carpet, and dispell the charge before you touch
that flash drive to remove it from the computer.
Meli Diamanti