HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 28 May 2007 11:46:38 -0400

In a message dated 5/28/2007 6:43:31 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

VA  computer theft occurred last year,
they were able to notify me and  millions of others via
direct mail that our personal info may have been
compromised.

One wonders where this information came from and how far back in time. Many
veterans from World War II, Korea, Viet Nam, Grenada, Gulf War, Iraq and
general  service contact the VA for benefits. Even though my father's records of
his  infantry experience in France and the Battle of the Bulge burned at the
National  Archives, he applied for and received medical assistance at the VA. I
think it  is safe to say the VA records contain different kinds of information
than the  Army Records Center and National Archives. But hey, maybe all the VA
stuff ought  to go online too?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.