HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Parkhill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 May 2007 21:06:53 -0500
Ron:
Ash has been found in home made brick used as a binder. Some adobe
has had ash included in the formulas. None of these are fired brick
that I know of. Used in naturally drying brick. Ash used is mostly from wood.
You will also find ash being used to make old farm soap from hog fat.
In fact I truly believe the Marine Corps used it in the soap we used overseas.
Hope this doesn't confuse the issue.

DTP