HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 19:05:55 -0700
From:
George Myers <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
Sorry "many" should be "some".

Fortunately for some of this information, the Works Progress Administration
(WPA "...after 1939 Work Projects Administration" - Wikipedia) had hired
writers to write the ecclesiastical histories of the different denominations
in the City of New York, which are on record in the Main Library of the NY
Public Library, or we found we would have been clueless on their histories
or would have had to devote much more time ascertaining it. It also helped
that two recent publications had arrived one on the cemeteries of NYC the
other on the history of Quakerism in the City of New York a republication of
an earlier history. The Methodist was moved to the  recently NY State
legislature proscription that they not be larger than 250 acres in any one
county, by straddling two, 500 acres, its reported. The Quakers to their
lands on the "Coney Island Road" which with additional parkland, became
today's "Prospect Park" in Brooklyn, NY.