From:
Liz Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Sep 2007 15:28:25 -0400
Thanks, Tina, for your thoughts and clarification.

I should apologize because my earlier post apparently was a bit misleadeading:  the Baby *I* saw happened to go through a "mad baby phase," but this is *not* what all self-attaching babies will go through.  This anger-at-breast was what had caused mom to turn to the bottle/expressed breastmilk in the first place.  We may never know why baby was so mad (tho Mom did describe the dreaded push-the-baby's-head-on technique being used by the hospital staff), but it was remarkable to see the baby just sort of work through it, and decide to go ahead and nurse.  Indeed, Tina's DVD discusses the importance of the Mom helping to calm the self-attaching baby.

I am also amused that my post had a typo in the subject line:  I had meant to type "victory," but somehow "victor" seem more appropriate, given the topic!
Liz Brooks, JD, IBCLCWyndmoor, PA, USA