Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2007 23:20:45 +1000
>I am hoping someone can help me with the following: A neighbor has a three-
year-old nursling diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis. She has battled
since her son's early infancy to keep him breastfeeding through the
diagnosis
and food elimination phases of his health care,

Leslie, can I ask if this mum has had the support of the gastro for
continued breastfeeding to this point?  It's incredibly rare for any
baby/child to continue to breastfeed after a diagnosis of EE (Aus, UK &
USA), particularly due to the opinions of the paed gastros.  If this is the
case I'd love to get some more information from you.

Am I right that the EE is under control with elimination diet and the main
issue is that she's incredibly tired and wondering if continued
breastfeeding of a 3yo is helpful?

Suzie Heaton
Australia