From:
Jeanette Panchula <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Sep 2007 07:27:42 -0700
OK - so I HAD to have some fun with this...and wrote an e-mail of "apology"
to my three kids (PhD in Ceramics Engineering, PhD in Physics and Double
Masters in Business and International Business) and "chided" my daughter in
law (who is currently breastfeeding #3...so she STILL can make HER a "clever
baby" but her kids are doing quite well - including the 3 1/2 year old who
taught herself to read and demonstrated it to me on the webcam!) for not
getting the top!

REALLY!

(Just in case of misunderstanding due to the written word, all the above is
written with tongue firmly in cheek!)

It has NOTHING to do with what's IN the top or what the person in the top is
DOING...not only during breastfeeding, but the other 15-20+ hours per day?

...I just read an article in our "fabulous" local paper about "getting ready
for the newborn" which stressed the importance of getting a crib "because
babies spend up to 20 hours a day sleeping"...REALLY?  Did any baby YOU
know/saw sleep that much?  Mine never read that book!

...again - we need to educate not only about breastfeeding - but also about
newborn needs and what is NORMAL NEWBORN BEHAVIOR - and what is normal 6, 12
and 24 month for that matter!

When will I ever be able to retire????

Jeanette Panchula, BSW, RN, PHN, IBCLC
California USA