HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2007 12:44:25 EDT
Kris,

I was impressed that these PVC screens are lighter than a M-1 rifle, which
World War II soldiers hauled all over Europe. My only comment is that most
screens I have used have a long box so the soil, rocks, and artifacts can run
down long enough for the sand to sift out. This looks like the crew person
would have to work harder to shake out the sand, resulting in people wearing out
faster on an 8-hour day.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.