HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mitch Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2007 14:33:46 -0700
just a reminder to you all that we've recently published Julie
Schablitsky's Box Office Archaeology, chapters all written by SHA
members, which takes major Hollywood themes and provides the
archaeological story behind them-- mummies, pirates, Wild West towns,
etc. By teaching things like this, there are ways we can balance the
record. That's why we published it.

mitch allen

--- Ron May <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> You guys are confusing "fantasy" with reality. Movie people create
> fantasy
> so ticket-buyers like me can relax from work, family crises, and
> paying taxes.
>
> If you really want to impact Hollywood, the studios are promoting
> Dramatica
> Pro, "The Ultimate Creative Writing Partner" Version 4 for script
> writing.
> They  also produce Word Menu, Stephen Glazier's dictionary, thesaurus
> and almanac
> to  "get all the facts correct." I think my old pal Jack Hunter ought
> purchase a  copy of this software and write a script around one of
> his many
> underwater  adventures!
>
> In the past, we have debated how much fantasy should be allowed in
> fiction
> stories. I say fantasy is wide open, others blast movies like
> "National
> Treasure" and the "Davinci Code" as outrageous and phoney attacks on
> reality.  Whose
> reality, I like to counter back? Well, here you are boys and girls,
> an
> opportunity to change the Hollywood script writing industry and
> become rich and
> famous yourselves!
>
> The door is open, now someone has to pass through to the other side.
>
> Ron May
> Legacy 106, Inc.

> all-new AOL at

Mitch Allen