HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Marcel, Daniel" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:23:25 -0400
This all reminds me of a survey we did about ten years ago here in East
Tennessee. While shovel testing a gently sloping hillside just over the
fence from a farmstead, the only artifacts we found were mid-1980s
arcade gaming tokens; as I recall, we found around 5 or 6. We were
discussing this with the farmer who lived there when his son happened to
overhear. Turns out that he (the son) had taken a handful of the tokens
and thrown them in the field when he was a kid in the hopes that
archaeologists would find them someday.

Dan Marcel
Staff Archaeologist
MACTEC Engineering & Consulting, Inc.