From:
Leia Morrell Sills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 07:09:23 -0700
We had a mom come in who plans to adopt in the near future.  She is interested in breastfeeding, exclusively if possible.  She has hyperprolactemia and has lactated before due to this condition.  She had been taking medication to suppress lactation for some time and has stopped taking it very recently.
Has anyone known a mom nurse with this condition?  Are there any concerns or issues we may want to be aware of?  I am particularly interested in knowing if you know of an adoptive mother.  She suspects this condition is the reason she is unable to become pregnant, but is hoping it will help her bring in a decent supply.
Thanks in advance.
Leia Sills