HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:27:23 +0200
yes, but you don't have corrugations on the wing of a butterfly, the leaf of
a tree, or the lace that were used as other illustrative examples in the
dictionary definitions that i quoted; the scalloping is not the corrugations
(since corrugation is clearly a better word for that anyway) but the
rounding effect you get on the edge as a result of corrugations (in the case
of scallops & other shells) or because you go around trimming your lace in
that shape, and so on...