From:
Nicholas Yasillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Jun 2008 11:12:16 -0700
David Lamb <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Whatever happened to Blackwood?  I have heard nothing of his all
>these years.

At 75, Easley is alive and well, but would seemingly rather devote
his time to exploring the deserts of the Southwest in his Jeep than
putting black dots down on ruled paper.  Can't say I blame him!

Anyone interested in his later works can find (10) CD's worth on the
Chicago-based not-for-profit Cedille label, including his extremely
interesting and well crafted microtonal works and Easley playing many
of his own piano compositions.

see:

http://cedillerecords.org/catalog/product_info_related.php?products_id=217

Locally, Easley was always know as a superb pianist.  His Ives sonata
performances were amazing.  He's the only pianist I've ever know who
was typically never satisfied with the "tune" he would find concert
pianos in, so he carried his own tuning hammer and would often re-
tune a piano before his performances himself.

Nicholas Yasillo, Director
Norton Building Concert Series, Lockport, IL
http://www.NortonConcerts.com