HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Chidester <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Mar 2008 07:28:04 -0400
Apologies for cross-posting

Hi folks,

York University in Toronto is hosting a conference titled, “Active
History: History for the Future” in late September.  I’d like to try to
put together a panel on community-based archaeology, so if anyone is
interested, please contact me with a brief description of the project
you would be discussing as well as a brief (1-2 page) CV.  The deadline
for proposals is March 31, so I’d like to have all materials together by
the 25th or 26th so as to have time to put them in order.  Below is the
first part of the abstract that I’ve worked up for the panel (the second
part will include brief descriptions of the proposed presentations).