ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Julia Griffey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2007 13:17:05 -0500

Hi Amanda -

I like your ideas.  I have experience building educational games - both
web-based games and kiosk games that users play with an interactive mat.  A
lot of what you mentioned in your e-mail can be done.  I, too, am fascinated
by databases and collecting information dynamically and organically.  A game
is a great way to do this.

A commercial game - like what you bought at Target - is the product of a
team of developers and is not something that could be realistically produced
for one client.  But - a simplified version of what you have discussed is
definitely doable.

Feel free to check out my work.  I'd be happy continue this discussion.

Thanks -
Julia Griffey
Animocation
Interactive, Animated, Movement-Driven Experiences
www.animocation.com