From:
Allan Gotthelf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 21:15:07 EST
Those who know about the Telstar (UK) owned label, Classical Russia
Revelation (often known as Russian Revelation), know about the gold mine
of taped live concerts in Russia that was unearthed in a warehouse outside
of Moscow about six years ago, and released beginning about two years ago.
That mine recently has dried up -- or perhaps been boarded up, to use a
more accurate analogy.

As of a few months ago, the Revelation website
(www.revelation-records.co.uk/) was "temporarily suspended, and MDT, the
UK importer and on-line discounter, informed me that there was some sort of
lawsuit that forced them to stop distribution.  They cannot get Revelation
discs anymore, and I assume no one can.  The July Fanfare had an interview
with an officer of Bayside Entertainment Distributors which had just
secured distribution rights in the US.  I have not contacted Bayside, but
the interviewee did mention the possibility that someone in Russia, or
Russia itself, might sue at some later point and close down the label's
output.

That's all I know.  Does anyone know more? It's a great loss if the mine
has indeed been boarded up.

Allan Gotthelf