Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2007 16:03:24 GMT
From:
Sender:
>>Of course, the stove also heated the room, which is where we lived during the winter.  This kept the honey warm and the heat meant that there was little humidity.  The combs would hang there for 2-3
weeks and drain just about dry.

That long, eh?  Neat.  The Amish come to mind when I read your description.  Anybody know first-hand how the Amish keep their bees and how they harvest their honey?

I usually let the cappings bags hangs for a couple of days to get most of the honey out.  I then place the still wet cappings in small batches in an empty medium over the inner cover of a strong hive and let the bees suck them dry.

>>Nothing else in the house was heated.

A little rough but I am sure the conditions resulted a hardy folk. :)

Waldemar
Long Island, NY