ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Daniels, Alissa" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 16:24:02 -0500

Jonah, thanks for that! Not only are we trying to generate this "Top Ten" list, but we are always looking for ways to actively demonstrate the stuff we are talking about--using a hand-crank generator to power different kinds of bulbs, for example (although we haven't actually tried this one yet. Anyone?)

I love the idea of doing a bottled-water taste test. I do a "Kitchen Science" program here and I've done a few product testing programs (popcorn, storage bags, paper towels) but I've not done bottled water. I shall try. Boston tap water is actually quite nice, coming as it does from the Quabbin Resevoir in the western part of the state.

thanks all. This has all been really helpful to me, and I hope everyone else is getting something useful out of this discussion as well.

AD
Alissa Daniels, Science Program Manager
Boston Children's Museum
617-426-6500 x342
www.BostonChildrensMuseum.org
The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds new discoveries, is not "Eureka!" (I found it!) but "That's funny..."   --Isaac Asimov