ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Martin Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jan 2008 12:31:17 -0500

	An interesting book was published by AAAS "The evolution
Dialogues"  ed by Catherine Baker and James Miller subtitled Science,
Christianity, and the Quest for Understanding. It comes from the
Program of the Dialogue on Science, Ethics, and Religion (DoSER) of
the American Association for the Advancement of Science. The book is
readily accessible educational resource on evolutionary science that
is designed to be used in informal education programs of Christian
religious communities.  I found it and a resource for understanding
the Christian perspective.  It is not the goal of the book to
reconcile the different perspectives on the natural world but to
bring to the Christian community a resource to understand the
evolutionary perspective.

The web site of DoSer (www.aaas.org/spp/dser/) is a good source for
materials about religion and science as well as audio of their
extensive and active lecture series.

Martin

--
Martin Weiss, PhD