ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Robert Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2007 21:55:12 EST

Tap water ephemera:

1. You may all recall the testing done by Consumer Reports a few years ago,
pitting NY City tap water against various bottled waters.  People thought  the
NYC water tasted the best.

2.  Comedian Lewis Black has made several astute observations:   in the
fifties, when he & I grew up, you could find free water to drink  everywhere, in
the basement faucet, the garden hose, etc.  But we were  supposed to drink four
glasses of milk a day, no one cared how much water we  drank.  Now people tell
us milk is bad and that we should drink lots of  water, like eight glasses a
day (=8 bottles of water that isn't free).  And  now we have soy "milk"
(technical notes:  you get milk from a plant); it is  really soy juice.  The final
insult is that they put nutritional label on  bottled water.

Bob Rusell

In a message dated 12/7/2007 3:48:31 A.M. Romance Standard Time,