ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Ann Fumarolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2007 11:01:22 -0500

We are in the process of submitting a proposal to the IMLS  for project
titled "Catch the Wave of Science"  Sci-Port will develop 4 different
evening of activities that can be used for ideas to host a middle school
evening at your center on Friday August 8, 2008 starting at 7:00 pm. Or
you can deliver your own.   In the first year we want to have one center
committed in each state so that on one night the lights at the Science
Centers will turn on and we will have a wave across the country as we
cross time zones.   To participate you then need to agree to have one
additional event during the year for the same audience and solicit one
additional center or library in your state to do the same program in
Year 2.  To help with supplies you will receive $500 which you will
match with time and your other costs.

Not big funding, but big impact.   Let me know off line if you are
interested.

Ann

Ann S. Fumarolo

President/CEO

SciPort

820 Clyde Fant Parkway

Shreveport LA  71101

Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and
calls the adventure Science.  ~Edwin Powell Hubble, The Nature of
Science, 1954