From:
Liz Brooks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2007 06:48:10 -0400
ILCA sells crib cards for use in hospitals -- they were created for World BF
Week when the theme was honoring the [WHO] Code of International Marketing
of Breast-milk Substitutes.  Many hosptals use the free ones provided by the
formula companies, comlete with their formula logo.  At $10.00 for a pack of
100 (50 for girls; 50 for boys), the ILCA ones are pricey by comparison.  I
bought a bunch as a gift for my instituiton during one of my fits of
consciousness-raising.

I don't know why hopsitals aren't printing crib cards themselves, with their
own insitutional logo on them.  I think they are also passing up a golden
opportunity for self-promotion by failing to give out their own discharge
bags, filled with stuff about the hospital and local merchants.

ILCA crib cards may be viewed at:
https://www.associationhome.com/ilca/products/tnt_products.cfm

Liz Brooks, JD, IBCLC (ILCA Secy 2005-08)
Wyndmoor, PA, USA