ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 16:25:37 -0500

As a first time attendee of an ASTC Convention, I had some wonderful
conversations with members of the Science and Technology Community. During
the workshop on Web 2.0 and inter-science center communication, I had the
idea to create a social bookmark website for this community.  Thanks to
the encouragement of everyone at the St. Louis Science Center and Bryan
Kennedy from the Science Museum of Minnesota, I created Sciencecentr.org (
http://www.sciencecentr.org) as a design studio project for my MA in
Instructional Design and Learning Technology.

Sciencecentr will give members of our community the ability to submit
links that are relevant to us.  This may include events, science news,
blogs that discuss the pressing issues of our community, and online videos
(you can post links to video, but embedding the video will hopefully be up
soon!).  The links that are the most popular/voted on, will climb up to
the front page, and links you vote on will be bookmarked in your profile
for future reference.  Sciencecentr.org is based off of "pligg" which is
an open source version of Digg.

As anything that tries to be "Web 2.0" it is free to use and constantly in
"beta."  ;)  If you see any bugs, e-mail me!  I hope this helps our
community and I hope everyone participates!

Frank Kusiak
Cyberville Gallery Leader
Saint Louis Science Center
5050 Oakland Ave