From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:53:12 +0000
Iskender Savasir writes:

>What I have in mind is esp.  the prejudice (excuse the term) against
>"cross over".  Would people care to expound on what is wrong with
>"cross over" or "fusion"?

I'll try my best to present my mindset on the subject.  Crossover,
fusion and eclectic are not favorable terms in my musical world.  I grew
up with classical music then turned to hard rock until my mid-30's.  At
that point, I decided to give up rock entirely and concentrate on classical
music and going back to my roots.  I didn't give up rock to move toward
crossover, fusion or anything along those lines.  I simply have no
interest in those routes, being more than very busy just staying
up-to-date with the music I love.

Also, as another poster mentioned, these "hybrid" forms that spring up
from time to time are usually contrived attempts to garner a greater
audience and are doomed to artistic/creative failure.

Don Satz