ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:32:13 EST

Anna

Great idea! I'd forgotten about using robotic arms. We have a  nice exercise
from NASA where you create your own robotic arm using craft  sticks with holes
drilled in them connected with brass fasteners.  Kids design their own end
effectors depending on the task their challenged to  do.

Thanks!

Deron,

We have done a similar activity using thick yellow rubber  gloves
having people put together nuts and bolts, pick up pennies,  and tie
knots in wire in a bucket of water.  Another activity  challenged
people to grab small objects (put plastic test tubes in a  rack, line
up blocks, etc.) with one of those long "robotic arm"  grabbing devices.
Fun stuff!
Anna

In a message dated 3/4/2007 3:21:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,