HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Carol Serr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:27:53 -0700
However...(unless I missed something in my skim thru) if you read the
text....the (ligneous) disk is made of wood, fiber-board, wood pulp, or
papier-mache...so as to be somewhat absorbant (so, not rubber)...that it
expands in contact with moisture from the milk...to form a tight seal.
And also pliable to be picked out...and then repositioned after use.
Also, the disk is soaked in parafine to seal it (yet wouldn't that make
it non-absorbing?).  I don't think Candace's disks have a parafine
coating - of course, this could have melted off over time. ?

Nice patent hunt tho Bob.  :o)

ntor:Barnhart&as_drrb_ap=q&as_minm_ap=1&as_miny_ap=2007&as_maxm_ap=1&as_
maxy_ap=2007>&as_drrb_is=b&as_minm_is=9&as_miny_is=1889&as_maxm_is=9&as_
maxy