HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mike Will <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:10:57 -0700
I am presently attempting to determine building dimensions and the
distances between structures from historic photographs taken during the
1880s and 1890s.  I’ve been using various photogrametric calculations and
perspective drawing measuring techniques, but I can’t help but feel that I
may have overlooked something.  As such, I would appreciate it if someone
could provide me with information / references for determining dimensions
from historic photographs.

Also, I would appreciate it if someone could provide me with references
pertaining to frontier / boomtown type, wood framed and timber framed
construction practices for residential and commercial structures (ca.1880s
to 1900s).

With Thanks,
Mike Will
Vancouver, Canada