HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Jeremy Pye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 11:08:24 -0800
Greetings everyone,

I was wondering if anyone on list list has done
research into the timber industry of the 19th century.
 Specifically, I have some identified wood from a
historic site from the late 19th century using wood
native to the northeast.  What might be the market
cost associated with lumber yards in the Great Plains
obtaining wood from that location. Are there any
resources which discuss the market flows of lumber in
that time period?  Bear in mind that the railroads
have come through to many areas at this time.

Best,
Jeremy Pye
University of Arkansas

Have a burning question?