ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Phil Edgerton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:43:02 -0500

From:	Phil Edgerton [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:	Tuesday, November 21, 2006 1:58 PM
To:	'Bill Watson'
Subject:	RE: evaluations

Hi Bill,
Next time I'll be more forthright! (Ha!). I was being ironic when I called
open responses anecdotal. I actually feel that anecdotal responses have the
most validity in really getting to the crux of the visitors' feelings about
an exhibit. It boggles the mind to think that multiple [non]choice questions
are used because other types are "more time consuming to analyze."  One
wonders what the actual goal of the evaluation must be, if the methodology
is more important than the result. That's been my beef all along. Of course
that's probably because I'm a "get 'er done" kind of a guy rather than an
academic.
My best,
Phil