HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Mark Branstner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:14:56 -0500
Marty,

First you say a midden must be "intentional" yet it excludes "sheet
middens" but somehow includes "proximate deposits" ... "within
throwing distance from the house."  By my definition, the latter is a
sheet midden.

Mark

--

Mark C. Branstner
Historic Archaeologist

Illinois Transportation
Archaeological Research Program
209 Nuclear Physics Lab, MC-571
23 East Stadium Drive
Champaign, IL 61820

Phone: 217.244.0892
Fax: 217.244.7458
Cell: 517.927.4556

"Liebe: eine Gleichung mit zwei Unbekannten"

- Gerhard Branstner (1927- )

"There is also an artificial aristocracy founded on wealth and birth,
without either virtue or talents ... The artificial aristocracy is a
mischievous ingredient in government, and provisions should be made to
prevent its ascendancy."

- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)