From:
Esther Friedman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:57:56 -0800
The reasoning is faulty if her car is on school grounds!  I am not familiar
with the NY laws, as I am from Oregon, but I would be requesting a written
policy to back that up, and I would also be asking about the district
policies re nursing mothers (if any), as there may be a conflict there that
she could use to  bolster her case.  I would see if her doc and/or the ped
would write her a letter requesting a medical exemption and speak to her
local teacher's union.  I see it certainly as a violation of her civil
rights, not to mention the baby's! Good luck!!!
      Esther Friedman, RLC, IBCLC, LLLL

www.firstgiving.com/tylermom
There is no greater accomplishment than helping a child...