ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
martin weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jan 2007 10:07:24 -0500

	Interesting as it demonstrates how opponents of evolution
distort basic understandings of human evolution. Humans did not
evolve from monkeys or chimpanzees as claimed by Bishop Boniface
Adoyo but have a common ancestor. This claim has been used since
Darwin's time (cartoons depicting Darwin as a great ape were very
popular in his day) and continue to today. Interestingly, there was
no correction to this misunderstanding which has been used to
ridicule the idea of human evolution.

I think that we, as science interpreters, have to vigorous in
confronting misstatements of fact  about evolution, as in all science
as they play on deeply held misconceptions.

To better living through evolution.

Martin

--
Martin Weiss, PhD