ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
chuck howarth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:51:42 -0700

Hi, Alana.  In the late 19th century microscopists would sometimes make
special slides of diatoms arranged into geometric patterns that are
beautiful and surprising.  Your museum has some of these, or at least
used to when I was there.  The Museum also used to have a slide with an
image of the signing of the declaration of independence on microfiche.
The image is invisible to the naked eye but easily observed under the
microscope.  You might ask around and see if anyone there knows where
to find them.  Good luck, Chuck Howarth