From:
Wendy Blumfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2006 10:04:12 +0200
All Israeli hospitals have a two-hour nap-time in the afternoon.  Mothers
have the option in most of them to keep the baby with them or leave them in
the nursery.  Obviously we encourage them to keep the baby with them during
that time because it may be the only quiet period they have.
Visiting hours seem to extend from 8a.m. to 9 p.m. and in the late afternoon
most postnatal wards resemble Grand Central Station with no restriction on
numbers of visitors.
So most women are really pleased when the doors are closed after lunch and
they can have a nap.  Of course the cleaners may barge in during that time
or the nurse at the desk has a loud telephone conversation, or somebody`s
mother-in arrives from the other end of the country and begs to be allowed
Wendy Blumfield
NCT ANT Tutor/BFC
Israel Childbirth Education Centre