Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 2007 20:08:31 -0500
7bit
From:
Liz Cammin <[log in to unmask]>
Anne Andrianos wrote:
> In quite a surprising way, the community based health education agency for whom I work has received 600 hand pumps (they are good quality and effective products). I have the challenge of figuring out a way of distributing them!  It is a dream come true! but I am looking for some novel ideas for engaging families, assisting low income and refugee women who will be going back to work soon after delivery, and using the pumps as tools for longer BFing. Please give me some ideas for community projects, what information, support, etc I should consider before putting this program into effect. Thanks, Anne Andrianos in Syracuse, NY, USA

I was just thinking, do you have an active La Leche League group in your
area?  The leader(s) might be able to help out... I helped my local
leader with a "community baby shower" for low income moms and Medela had
donated a lot of samples of things to give out (breast pads, etc.).
There were drawings for prizes (all baby equipment) and some pumps could
be given out that way.  Are you working with WIC or anything similar?

Liz Cammin, RN