From:
Roland Kayser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Jan 2007 00:34:46 +0100
Jeff Dunn schrieb (06:47 27.01.2007):

>1. Who wrote it, when?

My suggestion would be Brahms, though I can't really place it.  There
are too many Intermezzi, Ballads, Klavierstuecke...

>2. Which interpretation do you like the best?

I'm undecided.  The pretty constant tempo in the first one feels more
natural.  But I'm not so fond of the way the melody dominates over the
other voices in the first version.  The way the melody and the other
voices mix in the second interpretation is much better IMO, and it
provides a richer, darker sound. But I don't like the tempo fluctuations
which sound rather wilful to me.

>3. Why or why not does the melody speak to you?

I don't find the melody very appealing.

>5. What are your all time favorite melodies?

That would be a long list.  I would feel tired should I reach the end,
and I wouldn't be the only one.  ;-)

Regards, Roland