ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2007 16:00:55 -0700
7bit
From:
Wayne Watson <[log in to unmask]>

Jonah Cohen wrote:

> More pithily, Watson also once said this:
>
> "Many scientists are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just
> stupid."
>
> Just to put things in perspective,
> Jonah Cohen
> Outreach & Public Programs Manager
> The Children's Museum
>
> "If everyone is thinking alike, no one is thinking."
>          -Bill Walton

If I get the gist of this, JW doesn't like our science museums here in
the US. He certainly didn't get into details, so what is really
complaining about? Frankly, the Wellcome museum seems more  like a
collection. I would consider that to be an old fashioned idea about
science museums. If he were to complain that we do not have enough in
the US, I would agree. At a minimum, there should be one in every city
regardless of size. Just like libraries. Personally, I wouldn't stop there.