ISEN-ASTC-L Archives

Informal Science Education Network

ISEN-ASTC-L@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stan Orchard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2006 19:33:38 -0800

I for one am enjoying immensely this discussion. Especially Heather's thread about how science centers might get involved. Now it looks like the discussion might go even wider since Digg has picked it up:

http://tinyurl.com/yjjf99

Regardless of one's political/scientific views...I think the discussion is healthy for our industry (are we an industry?). Science centers tackling issues of the day...hot or otherwise...is good for us, IMHO. I agree with our leader here at Pacific Science Center who, as Heather pointed out, advocates 'a safe place for dangerous ideas.' As facilitators of discussions on such topics, we become a gathering place for young and old alike. A place where ideas are not feared and discourse is treasured. Where LEARNING is treasured. That is in our mission statement. That is a good thing.

Thank you all for such a great discussion. Keep it up.

Stan Orchard
Web Publisher
Pacific Science Center