HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:54:42 -0400
There are methods of decontamination of artifact contaminated with  hazardous
materials (other than radioactive items), if you work with a licensed  and
qualified professional. For example, many companies decontaminate  petrochemical
soils with biological agents and artifacts can be handled the same  way. I
have read Adrian Praetzellis and Julia Costello's article and Roberta  Greenwood
and (?) Hale's counter article and side with those who do not believe  in
"throwing the baby out with the bathwater." Archaeological sites and  artifacts
are one day going to be extinct and I feel those of us who happened to  live
and view them should conserve what we have for the future.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.