HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Dan Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:23:30 -0500
Who Am I?

Dan Allen; a consulting firm owner/operator/father trying to earn a PhD and
make a living.

I dress in the field like Pepino from the old TV show, The Real McCoys
unless its winter and then I dress insulated like he should have:)

Dirtiest moment in the field?

Archaeologically relocating what was left of two Late Prehistoric
(Mississippian) stone-box burials in Middle Tennessee after a local doctor
digging himself a swimming pool chopped into the human inhumations and his
own septic field before shut down by the sheriff after his backhoe crew
ratted him out that night.

Practical Advice.

Always check your lunchbox for snakes before throwing it open either in the
field or when you get home.  Never let your wife open it in the house. Never
separate yourself from your lunch when in the field. Never let me or anyone
that looks/dresses like me near your lunch box.

Dan Allen
President/ Staff Archaeologist
Cumberland Research Group, Inc.
and