From:
vgthorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2006 08:58:38 +1000
As regards the strand on nursing bras:  Don't forget to allow room for
breast pads.  Also, when selecting these, do be sure to avoid any that are
flat, i.e. not shaped. I've seen mothers with sore nipples or flat nipples
that are exacerbated by being pushed in by a flat breast pad, in a bra that
also doesn't allow room for the pad.
As for *flat* breast pads, the only use I can think of for completely flat
cloth ones are as drink coasters to go under a glass, yet they are still
being made and sold here.  Some seemingly shaped disposable ones are shaped
on the outside, but the inside is barely shaped at all.  There are better
ones on the market, more than one brand.
Cheers
Virginia