HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2007 12:38:27 -0500
The problem I have with the furniture interpretation is the crude nature of
the surface of the metal. All the escutcheons I have seen are smooth and were
polished. Moreover, the un-filed surface of the square holes in the center
look  like they never were intended for viewing. I would like to see examples of
 harness parts that match the items, as this interpretation makes more sense.
In  fact, all the interpretations need comparative photos.

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.