HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Stephen H Buck, PhD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jan 2007 00:19:57 +0000
NOTE:  Old Pueblo Archaeology Center in Tucson is a 501c3 nonprofit educational and research organization.

PHOENIX-AREA PICK UP AND RETURN CAN BE ARRANGED FOR THIS TRIP

All Aboard for Durango !

Wednesday, May 9  – Sunday, May 13, 2007

In Durango, Colorado, we’ll stay four nights at the historic Victorian General Palmer Hotel in the heart of town that offers a continental breakfast (with muffins made from scratch!) each morning. On one day, we’ll take picnic lunches and travel to Mesa Verde National Park with visits also to Canyons of the Ancients National Monument, the Anasazi Heritage Center, and the Crow Canyon Archaeological Center campus. On another day, we will do the all-day Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad trip for lunch and visits to the shops and mining museum in Silverton. Other time will be devoted to a driving tour of the area, visits to Chimney Rock National Historic Site and the Fort Lewis College campus, plus several hours to roam the shops and galleries of Durango. We’ll also do an en-route stop at the impressive Museum of Northern Arizona in Flagstaff and a return-trip visit to Aztec Ruins National Monument in New Mexico, which features one of the largest ancient kivas ever disco!
 vered i
n the Southwest. Limited to 8 participants Tour fee includes a tax-deductible donation to Old Pueblo Archaeology, transportation by van, lodging, train trip cost, and all entrance fees. $795 PER PERSON DOUBLE OCCUPANCY; $895 PER PERSON SINGLE OCCUPANCY. $25 discount for members. EARLY BIRD SPECIAL – SIGN UP BY FEBRUARY 9, 2007 AND SAVE $50 PER PERSON. Call Old Pueblo Archaeology Center at 520-798-1201 to sign up, e-mail to [log in to unmask], or see www.oldpueblo.org.